A portfolio to have all my comm 130 projects in one place.
PROCESS (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles)
- I created a layout in Indesign
- I decided to use the bubbles and color scheme from my brochure project.
- I decided to use the fonts from my other projects so it looked more cohesive.
- I used my data I posted on my blog post about what fonts and colors I used in each project.
- I made all of the pages be cohesive with the same font and color scheme and exact placement of the text.
- I reordered the projects so they showed all my random projects together and then all my projects that were themed around my photography business after.
I got my project critiqued by my brother Grant who is in graphic design. He was the one who suggested to reorder my projects so it made more sense why only have of them had the same theme.
For future employers to be able to see all my work in one place.
Future clients and employers
TOP THING LEARNED
Pick your color scheme first so you don’t have to go through each page and add in the color scheme to the text.
COLOR SCHEME & COLOR NAMES
Triadic: Blue, Red, Green
TITLE FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Beyond the Mountain/ Decorative
COPY FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Avenir/ San Serif
SOURCE OF EACH IMAGE
All images and graphics are my own.
New things I learned from each class period.
Intro to class: This class will help us decided what we want as our emphasis and cluster.
I Comm: There is Scroll and Soapbox that are great ways to gain experience.
Written journalism: there is always a new way to tell a story.
Video Production and broadcast Journalism: Broadcast journalism is super fast and an adrenaline rush. Probably not what I want to do with my career.
Public Relations: They process a plan that influences public opinion.
Organizational Communication and Advocacy: One person can make a huge difference in a person or multitudes of people.
Visual Communication: Make it happen, don’t wait for it.
Advertising: There are a lot of aspects that go into advertising such as product, price, place, promotion, and people.
Internships: Brother Judkins is the person in charge of internships. We should pray about what internship we should take. We need to clarify our goals. We need to plan ahead at least 2 semesters, use as many resources as we can, and be open-minded.
Ethics and Plagiarism: You can not copyright a fact, idea, name or process.
I spent two hours revising my website mockup. It got the lowest grade so I decided that was the one I wanted to redo.
- First I changed the images so they were all the same size.
- I changed this because looking at it with a fresh set of eyes the shapes were too similar to be identical.
- I changed my category circles to be even.
- The eclipse did not work with the pictures being the same size so I made them all equal.
- I changed my font.
- Once i changed my font from black to gray you couldn’t see the type so i decided to change it to a bolder serif.
- I realigned everything to a grid.
- Once I put the grid on I noticed a lot of the items were not allied so I fixed everything. Also when I changed the fonts i had to change the sizes so they were not centered.
- I changed my entire color scheme so it’s a triadic green, red, blue, and a neutral gray.
- I have grown o dislike my gold and red color scheme so I decided to creat a more interesting color scheme. Since all my images were black and white it was easy to change the color scheme. I decided I wanted to keep the red but I wanted a more earthy and bright red. Once I had my red a picked a blue and green that matched. I decided I wanted the blacks to pop out in the images so I changed the text to light gray over the colors and dark gray over the white space.
- I got rid of my two vectors on my footer.
- The blue and red of the vectors did not match my color scheme and the cluttered the bottom so I decided to get rid of them.
- I redid my header colors and font.
- I decided with my new serif font I didn’t really like my big fluffy decorative font so I changed it to a more subtle decorative font. I Decided to Have the green be the title since green was my accent color. Then I had the bubbles be blue with a red inside because it was opposite of the banner bellow it.
- I changed my white background to a gray one.
- The white stood out too much with all the gray background so i decided to do the same gray at my text that was surrounded by color. Then i noticed my plain text didn’t stand out as much so I darkened that up.
I got a creitique by Jordan Moore. He sugested that I get rid of the bubbles under my picture. I tried this and i couldnt find any other shape or simble that looked good to take its place. So after much fuss I decided to leave the bubbles.
Higher as a photographer for your special events.
Mid age adults looking for a photographer.
Top Things learned:
Bold color schemes will attract the clients.
Triadic: Red, Blue, Green.
Signiture painter- housescript /decorative
Creating a brochure for future employees.
- I decided to create my entire brochure around an image I took.
- I recreated my logo color scheme to match my image.
- I made my logo horizontal instead of diagonal and got rid of my circles.
- I created a camera vector from scratch.
- I then started to formate my bocher in indesign. I placed my main image as the background photo for the front and back of my brochure. I then cut my logo and vector in half so they would met when the brochure is closed.
- I typed out my text i wanted to use for the back of my brochure.
- I went through my archives and picked nine of my own images and a single image of myself.
- I then organized all the photos and cut out the image of me so I could rap my text around it.
My critic was from my brother who is an art major at University of Utah. He suggested that i change my color scheme to something more lively and fun. He suggested the bright colors in my favorite photograph. He expressed that these colors would grab the audience’s attention. He explained that my old colors were a little too mature for my audience.
I am a professional Photographer and her are some examples of my work.
Future employers and clients.
Top Thing Learned:
I learned how to text wrap.
Color Scheme and Color Names:
Split complementary; Pink, Blue, Green
Title Font & Category:
Thinking of betty; decorative
Copy Font & Category:
Champagne and limousine; san serif
All images on the inside are mine as well as the vector.
The Photograph of me was taken by Aldrin Dionisio.